>>> IMPORTANT: every income generated from this post goes *directly* to an EU noprofit organization that supports the open source scene (donate page) <<<
>>> Differently than indicated, Needrom’s Donate with PayPalbutton is linked to the ROM’s author (or maintainer) mail <<<
LineageOS also known as LineageOS Android Distribution and Lineage is a free and open-sourceoperating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the highly popular custom ROMCyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.
LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS has been described as highly popular and forcibly developed; within 4 months from the initial announcement, LineageOS development builds covered more than 160 models of phone, and over a million users, having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017.
Android 7.0–7.1.2 “Nougat” (codenamedAndroid N during development) is the seventh major version of the Androidoperating system. First released as a beta build on March 9, 2016, it was officially released on August 22, 2016, with Nexus devices being the first to receive the update, though the LG V20 was the first new smartphone released with Nougat.
Nougat introduces notable changes to the operating system and its development platform, including the ability to display multiple apps on-screen at once in a split-screen view, support for inline replies to notifications, as well as an OpenJDK-based Java environment and support for the Vulkan graphics rendering API, and “seamless” system updates on supported devices.
LineageOS is a bloat-free ROM, with no software preinstalled by the phone’s manufacturer or carrier. However, LineageOS includes a few “home-grown” apps including:
– Audio FX: Audio optimizer with presets to alter the music listening experience.
– Browser: A light-weight browser that relies on the System Webview, for low end devices, formerly known as Jelly.
– FlipFlap: An app for smart flip covers.
– Music: A music player, formerly known as Eleven.
– Recorder: A screen and/or sound recorder.
– Trebuchet: A customizable launcher that supports protected apps.
Although they are not included by default, users can flash the normal Google apps, including the Google Play Store and Play Apps with a gapps zip package.
(prerequisite: latest TWRP Recovery)
– Download ROM
– Download OpenGApps
– Take a nandroid backup
– Full wipe and factory reset (recommended)
– Flash ROM + OpenGApps
NOTE: to install this ROM, unlocked bootloader and custom recovery are required.
※Please make a backup of your device before installing or updating ROM
- Title: [x2] LineageOS v14.1 (final)
- ROM Version: N 7.1.2 (18-03-25)
- AdAway | open source ad blocker for android
- F-Droid | Free and Open Source Android App Repository
- Open Camera | fully featured and completely free Camera app for Android
- VLC | open source android media player for almost *any* multimedia file