CyanogenMod CM 14.1 brings night mode for reading, multi-window options, bundled notification, improved battery optimisation, performance tweaks, also CM themes, exclusive multi-utility apps, shortcuts and numerous other value-added features to enhance users’ experience.
- This new CyanogenMod [official] Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 custom ROM has to be installed on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801/800-powered Xiaomi Mi 4/Mi 3W models only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- Make sure to back all the data by installing TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure to install USB drivers on the PC.
- Make sure the device has more than 80 percent battery.
- If you face force close, go to Settings >> Setupwizard >> Give permission
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device’s performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
Disclaimer: we cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.
Step-by-step installation guide of CyanogenMod [official] Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 4/Mi 3W
Step 3: Place Android Nougat zip file and Google Apps into the phone’s SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have been rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding ‘Volume (up)’and ‘Power’ buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option.
[Note: use ‘Volume’ keys to navigate and ‘Power’ button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Clear the cache memory by selecting ‘wipe cache partition’
Step 8: Come back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select ‘advanced’ and tap ‘wipe dalvik cache’
[Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Return to main recovery screen and then tap ‘install zip from SD card’
Step 10: Tap ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and go to Android 7.1 Nougat ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps
[Note: use ‘Volume’ keys to navigate and ‘Power’ button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to ‘+++++Go Back+++++’ and re-start the device by opting ‘reboot system now’ seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Xiaomi Mi 3W/ Mi 4W) will take at a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of CyanogenMod [official] Android 7.0 Nougat CM 14.1 custom ROM.
Donator is respected because they help us keep Findrom.info be the biggest Firmware library. Thank you very much!