- This tutorial is only for installing Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 Unofficial ROM on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P.Please do not try on any other Galaxy S5 Variants.
- Your phone should have a Custom Recovery installed in order to install this CM14 ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Important: Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files.
How to Install Nougat 7.0 CM14 ROM on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P.
Step 1 – Download Nougat 7.0 CM14 ROM for your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P and Nougat 7.0 Gapps to your computer.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded Nougat 7.0 CM14 ROM zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
Step 6 – Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 – Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
Step 8 – Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 9 – Then go back to the main Recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 10 – Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Nougat 7.0 CM14 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Nougat 7.0 Gapps: Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your tablet.
Step 11 – After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu .
Your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P. will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900 . should now have AOKP Nougat 7.0 ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.