Warning: The rooting and installing custom ROMs process may be riskful. You could brick your device. However, not to worry about warranty becoming void because it is a Xiaomi phone and they do cover the devices under warranty if rooted.
- You need to have your bootloader unlocked in order to perform the below process. Click here to see the instructions to know how to unlock the bootloader.
- This method is only for the Snapdragon variant. Do not try this with other variants which you have bought from Chinese websites.
- Do follow the instructions step by step and read it thoroughly
- The process erases all the data including your internal storage. So, please take a complete back-up of your device before starting. (Recommended to root and install TWRP as soon as you unlock your bootloader).
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50% battery.
Files needed to root Redmi Note 3 and install TWRP
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows. – Download from XDA Forum
- TWRP 3.0.0 latest recovery for Redmi Note 3 – Download Thanks to Developers!
- SuperSu.zip copy it to your phone’s internal root directory – Download
- Verify your device for compatibility. The listed firmware is compatible with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon variant only. Also, take a complete backup of your device because the process will erase all the data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do so, go to Settings>About Phone> Tap on the MIUI version several times until you get a new Developer Options in the additional settings. Open Developer Options and enable USB Debugging from there. Trust the connection by allowing it when you connect it to your PC for the first time and check the always box there. Also, make sure that OEM Unlock is enabled in developer options.
Rooting and Installing TWRP process
- Connect your device to PC via USB with the above requirements.
- Boot your device into Fastboot mode.
- Extract the TWRP file that you have downloaded. It’s named as “Kenzo_V6.3.17_boot”.
- Open and run the Boot.bat file from the extracted folder and follow the instruction in setup. Your phone may or may not reboot after running the file. In either way, you have to boot it back to fasboot again.
- After entering into fastboot again, run the Twrp3.bat file and follow the instructions in setup. And then, your device will reboot into TWRP recovery.
- The default language in TWRP will be Chinese. So, consider the following screenshot and change the language.
- Now, after changing the language, swipe the button.
- Then, navigate to Install in TWRP recovery and select the SuperSu file that you have placed in the root directory of your internal storage. Swipe the button and reboot! You’re all done now.
The root access is now available. Now, you can flash Custom ROMs and Xposed modules in your device. As we see, there are not many Custom ROMs as of now for the Snapdragon variant.
FOLLOW PAGE I WILL SENT LINK DOWNLOAD FOR YOU. THANKS!