First you need to install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix and then flash SuperSu to Root Mi Mix. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 126.96.36.199 on Mi Mix.
If you are a Mi Mix user, then you can Root Mi Mix and Install TWRP Recovery On it. And the good news is you get the official version of TWRP for Mi Mix. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix. Read the below note carefully before you Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix.
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- You need to unlock bootloader of Mi Mix before proceeding.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Mi Mix –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- You need to Unlock your Phone’s Bootloader. Check out How to unlock bootloader of Mi Mix.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Mi Mix.
- Latest dm-verity and forced encryption disabler zip
- Download SuperSu to root Mi Mix and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix –
Step 1: First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘USB Unlocking’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
Step 2:Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Mi Mix from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
Step 3:Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
Step 4: Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below command or pressing “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 5:You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
Step 6:Now type below command to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot recovery.imgStep 7:With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.Step 8:Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.Step 9:Now without leaving TWRP, transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip to your device over MTP and flash it.Step 10: Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes” (If you want to mount internal storage).Step 11: Now from the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Mi Mix.Step 12: Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Mi Mix and install custom recovery on Mi Mix successfully. The first reboot takes some time to start the system.That’s all; this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix. If you have any questions, then comment below.