- Everyone who has above devices can flash the ROM
- MIUI 8 China Alpha Team members will get the normal OTA updates if you have MIUI 8 installed.
- Normal users will not receive the normal OTA updates after flashing the MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM.
- The bootloader of Mi 5/ Mi Max / Mi Note users should be unlocked. (Check How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Devices)
Download MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM for Xiaomi Devices
- Mi 5 (1501M) : MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi 5
- Mi Max (1090M) : MIUI 8 Recovery ROM for Mi Max
- Mi Note (1231M) : MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi Note
- Mi 4 (1006M) : MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi 4
- Mi 3 (1006M) : MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi 3
- Mi 2 (879M) : MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi 2
- Mi 2S (879M) : MIUI 8 Fasboot ROM for Mi 2S
- Redmi Devices : Coming Soon
Disclaimer: droidupdatez is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process which is uncertain if you follow the steps correctly. Always try at your own risk.
How to Flash MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM 6.5.31 on any Mi & Redmi smartphone
1. Users of Mi5 / Mi Max / Mi Note smartphones need to unlock the bootloader first. Check here for guide on how to unlock bootloader on MIUI devices.
2. Download the latest Mi Flash tool and install on your computer.
3. Turn off the device and boot into Fastboot mode (press the Volume key and Power button at the same time).
4. Now you need to connect your device to PC.
5. Then download the MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM from the below link and extract the same. Open the file folder and copy its path.
6. Paste the ROM folder path in the Flash tool address bar and tap on ‘Refresh’. Now the tool automatically recognize the device.
7. Just tap ‘Flash’ button located beside the Refresh button to start the flashing process.
8. Be patience and wait till the progress bar completely turns green which indicates that the rom has been successfully installed.