ROM Phone HTC One S – ROM Android 4.2.2 Avatar
Update Version Stable Avatar 3.3 – 04/11/2014
– The following components are changed on top CM10.1.
– Status Bar
– Fixed memory leaks
– Theme Chooser
– Google playstore like theme chooser – head here and download cool MIUI converted themes and CM themes.
– Bazooka Launcher (market link)
– Own launcher which is an enhanced version of Trebuchet (you can download this at the end of this post)
– Enhanced theming by adding dockbar
– Preview mode to edit workspaces
– Many new Customization options.
– Different gestures like swipe-up, swipe-down, double-tap, home-button press are added.
– Added “edit workspace” option in menu button.
– Messaging App
– Changed message thread to make them themeable
– Themeable Emoticons
– Boot Animation
– Themeable boot animation – the only CM ROM to do so.
– Font Theming
– Only ROM to support change of font without a reboot.
– Tons of themes which change font – Eg: Buff, Simpsons, Mi_Xmas, European Gorgeous etc
– Changed statistics to point to Avatar statistics server
– OTA updater – you can check for updates to Avatar right from your device
– Changed to support Avatar ROMs
– Support for Gapps – download latest Gapps package as an OTA update
– Integrated with ACRA Error Reporter for system wide crashes
– Changed to make them themeable
– Support for complex unlock gestures
– A smart tasker kind of app which can help you to automate your device.
– You can use exisiting rules or create your own customized rules for your needs.
– Layout Theming
– Themes not only change images, colors but it also can change the size, shape and position of any UI element.
– Theme Editor
– A tool to insulate you from all the complex operations involved in theming.
Update Version Stable Avatar 3.0 – 06/28/2013
•Merged CM changes till 24th April ( includes Camera driver fixes for lot of devices )
•Bazooka Launcher•Fixed some critical issues reported in previous build.
•Added Gestures in workspace. A settings page also added to configure gesture actions. Different gestures like swipe-up, swipe-down, double-tap, home-button press are added. Different actions for each of the gesture can be set in preference.
•Added “”edit workspace”” option in menu button.
•Removed “”pinch to preview mode””. This option is currently disabled for some issues as we can go to preview mode through many other ways. It will be added later.
•Many new Customization options.”
•Lockscreen•Fixed a bug
•Fixed Settings crash on Input Method
•Fixed Version Number problem in Error Reporter
•Theme Chooser•Removed Old theme chooser
•enabled Total download count of themes
•Sorting themes based on download count
•Sorting themes based on date
•Settings App now launches the new Theme chooser
Install ROM :
Connect your HTC One S to PC using USB cable.
Copy downloaded zip file to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any file.
Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together to boot into HBOOT menu, from there select Recovery [use volume buttons to scroll and Power button to select].
Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the avatar-2.8b-690-20130426-ville_ota_signed.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM Avatar ROM.. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.