Project Treble partitions your Android device into 2 separate partitions – a system and a vendor. The system partition contains your generic system image. Your vendor partition contains your device specific files needed for booting and running your phone. This separation allows for easy change the system image and users can run their devices on different system images with the same kernel and vendor partition.
All this work is due to efforts from RedmiDevs founding members. They did the full device bring-up.
What is GSI? – GSI means Generic System Image. It is a general system image meant for no particular device. Treble enabled Android devices have a capability to run GSI. For more information and download link for GSI check this link.Загрузка...
Xiaomi Redmi 4A Hardware vs. Treble Implementation
Xiaomi Redmi 4A is an A-only Android device. This means that regarding the GSI images used, you need to get ARM64 and A-only system images.
How to Install Project Treble ROM on Redmi 4A & 5A
Before starting the installation procedure, keep in mind that we are not responsible for bricked devices or corrupted SD cards. You are doing all the steps on your own risk.
- Reboot your Android device into Recovery (You can use TWRP or CWM). Here you can download TWRP for Redmi 4A: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207489212
- Format: System, Data, and Cache.
- Install the Treble flashable zip package. Here you can find the direct download link. The zip contains:
- Kernel (a boot image)
- Custom Partition (a compressed vendor image)
- Install the GSI system image you want to use. Here you can find more info on how to flash a generic system image (GSI) on Project Treble supported devices: https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-generic-system-image-project-treble-device/
- Reboot your device.
- The current minimal (required) firmware version is MIUI 8.3.29 Global Dev. If you are using an older version you may experience installation problems. Here you can download the latest dev package directly from Xiaomi. Flash it prior installing LineageOS. Alternatively, you can download and install one of the newest custom packages containing firmware only. Keep in mind that you are doing this on your own risk.
- G-Apps can be flashed on clean installs only.
- Formatting data (all user data including the internal storage) is obligatory, if MIUI was previously installed and the Android device was encrypted.
- VoLTE (AOSP ROMS don’t have the needed patches to get it working. However, most other GSI ROMS have them)
- Camera (with and without flashlight)
- Audio (Playback and Record)
- Telephony (Data and Calls)
- Video Playback
- Encryption when coming from a non-treble ROM does not work. That’s why you need to remove encryption when coming from a non-treble ROM.
- Wi-Fi Mac Address is randomly generated. You will keep it the same as long as you are on LineageOS.
- Sepolicy is permissive.
Version 2.0 Changelog
We now have a 2.0-version available, which is unified with Redmi 5A. Here are the main improvements.
- Included new power-off charging animations (it can show percentage)
- Updated Camera to the latest CAF tag
- Updated Kernel to the latest CAF tag
- Fixed call issues over Bluetooth
- Updated screen off gestures
- Added a full RGB LED