The update basically comes to the Nexus devices like Nexus 6P, 5X, 7, 9, Nexus player, and the Pixel C. Currently, Nougat is only available for Nexus series and will soon be available to other devices; LG V20 being the first non-Nexus to get Nougat out of the box. The update, as usual, comes as OTA, which will effortlessly upgrade phone over the air, as well as factory image, to restore Nexus device to complete stock.
Android 7.0 brings tons of new features like emojis, multi-language setting, full multi-window view, quick apps switch, Vulkan API, Doze on the Go, Custom Quick Settings, Notification Direct Reply, Notification Controls, Display Size, Seamless Updates, File-based Encryption, Direct Boot, and much more.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update for Nexus
Official Android 7.0 Nougat OTA updates For Nexus:
- Google Nexus 5X – MTC20F to NRD90M (Nougat) – 1.14 GB
- Google Nexus 6 – MOB30W to Nougat
- Google Nexus 6P – MTC20F to NRD90M (Nougat) – 1.14 GB
- Google Nexus 7 2013 WiFi – MOB30X to Nougat
- Google Nexus 7 2013 LTE – MOB30X to Nougat
- Google Nexus 9 WiFi – MOB30W to Nougat
- Google Nexus 9 LTE – MOB30W to Nougat
- Google Nexus Player – MOB30W to Nougat
- Google Pixel C – MXC89L to NRD90M (Nougat) – 1 GB
- Google Nexus 5 – MOB30Y
- Download the appropriate update image for your device below.
- Verify the checksum of the image: the OTA mechanism has a built-in validation feature, however verifying would save you some time in case the file was incomplete. The last portion of the filename is the first 8 digits of its SHA-256 checksum; the full SHA-256 checksum is also shown next to the download link.
- With the device powered on and USB debugging enabled, execute:
adb reboot recovery
The device is now in recovery mode and an Android logo with red exclamation mark should appear on screen.
- Hold Power button and press Volume Up once, and a menu will be shown. Select the option of
Apply update from ADB
- Run the following command:
adb sideload (ota file.zip)
where (ota file.zip) is replaced with the file you have downloaded and verified.
- Once the update finishes, you should reboot the phone by choosing:
Reboot the system now
For device security, you should disable USB debugging when it is not being updated.