I have personally tested this game and faced with the same issue which was very boring for me. If you are not enough familiar with Pokemon Go then I should say that this game uses the latest technologies built into smartphones, such as the camera and GPS (Location service), to create the digital map and determine the location of the creatures and places to visit. So, read the steps from below in order to fix failed to detect location on Pokemon go for iOS and Android devices successfully.
How to Fix Failed to detect location on Pokemon Go
If you’re using an Android phone then you might not have enabled the Location service on your smartphone or your Android phone doesn’t have the latest GPS technology.
- Grab your Android phone and unlock it.
- Go to Settings and from there scroll down until you find About Phone/Device and Tap on Build number 7 times and developer options will be enabled
- Now, go back to settings, and go to Developer Options, there will be many options but you need to disable the Mock Location option.
If the above solution does not fix the Pokemon Go failed to detect location issue then you need to try this one.
- Grab your phone and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and find an option named Location or Privacy and Safety, tap on it.
- Now from there you need to enable Location, also do not forget to set the location mode onto high accuracy.