The MyPhone A818g dropped by in my workplace and a tutorial to hard reset this phone was made. This procedure is the same with its sibling the MyPhone A818i or A818 or A818 Slim. MyPhone is one of the most easiest to hard reset. Two thumbs up for MyPhone 😀
Hard resetting / factory resetting your phone will solve the following issues:
1. If you forgot your pattern lock
2. If you forgot your gmail account
3. If you forgot your password
4. Apps that automatically force closing
5. Stuck in MyPhone Logo (sometimes does not work if the firmware is totally damage)
NOTE: Performing hard reset will erase your data.
To hard reset:
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Press and Hold VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + Power button. Keep pressing the button until a menu will appear. Press VOLUME UP to enter in Android System Recovery
3. Android System Recovery will appear.
3. Select wipe / factory reset, press Volume rocker to navigate and press the MENU Key (left capacitive key) to confirm your selection
4. Reboot your phone.
If performing hard reset did not succeed, you need to wipe the cache first in the android system recovery before performing wipe / factory reset.
I hope this tutorial helps you.. If you have any question just drop a