This is my first time to post a Kata brand. And this is the Kata T2. This procedure will erase all the data in your tablet. Just follow the procedure. It’s an easy one 😉
Hard resetting / factory resetting your tablet will solve the following issues:
1. If you forgot your pattern lock
2. If you forgot your gmail account
3. If you forgot your password
4. Apps that automatically force closing
5. Stuck in Kata Logo (sometimes does not work if the firmware is totally damage)
NOTE: Performing hard reset will erase your data.
To hard reset:
1. Turn off your tablet
2. Press and Hold Volume Down +Power Button simultaneously
3. An Android with exclamation mark will appear, Press Power Button to activate recovery mode
4. Select wipe / factory reset, to navigate press the Volume DOWN, to select press Power Button
5. Reboot your phone.
Note: If performing hard reset did not succeed, you need to wipe the cache first in the android system recovery before performing wipe / factory reset.
You need PC to hard reset or factory reset your device. I already tried this procedure. Just follow carefully the procedure so you will not brick your device
Download this file
RockChip Android Tool –> Download Here
“Extract to your desired folder”
Install the driver
- Turn off your device
- Press VOLUME DOWN and insert USB cable
- It should detect your tablet. If this is your first time, it will detect as unknown device.
- Locate the driver in the drivers folder that you had downloaded. Select proper driver there is a driver for 64bit(x64) and 32bit(x86) computer.
Flashing your device
- First turn off your device.
- Open RKAndroidTool.exe
- Remove check in number 1,
- Click the checkbox in number 3
- Click the blank space in column … it will open the file manager. Then look for misc.img. It is located in image folder
- Press and hold VOLUME DOWN in your device and insert usb cable. RKAndroidtool should detect your device.
- Press RUN button when you are ready to flash your device
Reference Video in Loading the file: (watch in HD)
I hope this tutorial helps you.. If you have any question just drop a comment.